1. The Terminal which serves the San Juan's is located in Anacortes 80 miles NW of Seattle (See Driving Routes Below)
2. Washington State Ferries provide 5-6 sailings to Orcas Island each day, for walk-on and drive-on passengers. Note that each scheduled ferry may not visit every island so make sure you are in line for a ferry bound for Orcas Island
3. Ferry Schedules Change Seasonally Check Ferry Schedule -- find Anacortes to Orcas Route
4. Reservations are Available for this Route and We highly recommend making reservations as soon as possible.
Choose GUEST USER. Click on Anacortes to Orcas. *if reservation not available today, we suggest making any available reservation for your date of travel; changing a reservation is easier than making a reservation for the first time.
- Reservations are made available as follows:
- 30% released 2 months prior to season schedule;
- 30% released 2 weeks prior to sailing;
- 30% released 2 days prior to sailing.
- 10% reserved for Drive On customers
- Check reservation site often, Chances are good for making changes
- Mark release dates on your calendar, wake early, make the change.
5. Your ticket is good for a round trip — you only pay going westbound.
6. If coming with car, we recommend you have your vehicle in the ferry line at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled sailing time and as much as 60 minutes prior to scheduled sailing time on weekends, summer and holidays (even with reservation).
7. Remember the time designated on the schedule is departure time. Cars will be loaded 15-20 minutes prior to sailing. (There is a walk on beach at the landing so you may want to calculate in time for exploring this pretty spot).
8. Walk on passengers should be at the terminal about 30 minutes prior to departure time.